By Mahjabeen Malik
The meaning of Web design is original content copyrighting with eye-catching border design, nicely illustrated graphical fundamentals, self-supporting pages, well-arranged menus and subtilities, browser-safe colour custom server error pages Meta tags keyword optimization. These are the basic aspects of web design development of a website. Web development is to host a website on the internet. Web development is a work that relates to developing a website.
Role of a Web Designer
The role of a Web designer is different from the role of a web developer. A web designer modifies an idea or story into a visually eye-catching design and utilized their design to generate the user experience throughout the whole website. Like an architect, a web designer designs the structure of the website before a web developer starts developing it.
A web designer has multiple roles to play in developing an awe-inspiring layout for creating a website. The change an idea from writing into a functional design and exciting that drags the attention of users. Nowadays, web designers have to cope with competitors to exceed in their work. An extraordinary web designer can help website appreciable by the users.
Web designers have developed a whole library of strategic techniques for themselves. They have to develop the whole layout in the mind before developing the design of a website. Proficient web designers construct the whole website in design components, with a pixel perfect layout of all the web pages, icons, typography and other intricate features.
Read below some of the main roles of a web designer:
- Employing software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Framer, or Sketch to build the final layout design of the website
- Has a good command in graphic design and logo design
- Has a good sense for user experience, to spot the simplest approach possible to attain the desired function. This consists of the outline, buttons, images and the general format of the website.
- Web designers have to keep themselves updated with the latest design trends. It is imperative to keep design consistency that is made popular from other web giant companies, such as Google, and Facebook. This makes the website environment and interfaces easier to navigate and use, as it is already familiar to the user’s eyes.
- Has to also keep in mind the branding of the website, colour palettes to be used, and the typography and readability of the website.
Role of a Web Developer
The role of a web developer is as important as the role of a web designer in developing an inspirational and inspiring website. A web developer transforms the design of a website into a live website. They apply web languages and software tools to develop the design and functionality of a website.
Here are some of the main roles of a web developer:
- Constructing the actual border through which a user interacts with the website. This border is built by front-end developers using HTML, CSS, and JS languages.
- Front-end developers provide the markup design to back-end developers, so they can apply an active website, and submit all the required data on the server and databases.
- Back-end developers generate the backbone of the website using languages like PHP and MySQL.
- Both front-end and back-end developers can use the same development environments or IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). With the use of these software application tools you code and build the structure of the website.
- Web developers can also use versioning tools to keep a history of the previous builds. It helps them to quickly and effortlessly move back to a previous “unbroken” version if required to do so.
Dear readers in my next article, I will elaborate in detail about how to develop a website using better web design.