Once the students have passed intermediate level successfully, the next important step is regarding the selection of an appropriate university degree. One of the most popular bachelor degree program is Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). The degree is a gateway to not only general business education but a plethora of specializations related to business field including Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain and many more.
BBA is a four years’ program that serves the need for those who want to pursue their future careers in management or business profession. This study of program is best for those that have an excellent management skills and have the potential for success. It helps in developing students for the organizations with its challenging curriculum and contents during 4 years of study. The degree ensures the employability level of fresh graduates at an entry level of various leading organization. BBA helps the graduates to excel in professional and personal development. The program has a rich blend of courses and skills including management, quantitative techniques in business, change management, communication skills, leadership, teamwork and decision making etc. it also helps in sensitizing the students with social and environmental responsibilities which are key for the organizations of modern world.
All the universities in Pakistan have different set of criteria, however, public sector institutes look for a more competitive criterion, whereas, it varies a great deal in private sector institutes. In order to get an admission in any of the universities, firstly, the students need to pass the entry test of university. The general criteria can be as follows:
- At least 60% marks in Matriculation or any equivalent exam
- At least 50% marks in Intermediate or any equivalent exam
- At least 50% marks in the entrance test of university
- However, the universities often take into account an aggregate score by taking 50% marks from intermediate and 50% from entrance test of university
Some of the top and most popular specializations are listed as below:
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
- Information Technology
- Hospitality Management
BBA Syllabus and Subjects
The degree is divided into eight semesters with examination being conducted at the end of every semester. Syllabus of BBA broadly consists of subjects, such as, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Introduction to Business, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Micro and Macro Economics, Business Statistics, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior etc. Other than the core syllabus of BBA, it also helps in teaching practical skills among the students including:
- Personality Development
- Professional Communication
- Writing Skills
- Conversational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Selling Skills
- Negotiation and Persuasion
Top Careers after BBA
Usually, fresh graduates of BBA opt for an MBA degree, however, Higher Education Commission now also issues an equivalence certificate that states that M. Phil programs can also be opted after BBA. Nevertheless, fresh graduates are also successful in acquiring jobs including banking sector, infrastructure, real estate, business consultancies, advertising, manufacturing and various government organizations. Few of the careers that can be opted after completion of BBA are as follows:
- HR Professional: These people are responsible for ensuring the hiring, training and performance evaluation of the staff. In addition to that, they are also key part of strategy development and processing payroll on monthly basis.
- Marketing Specialist: They are responsible for promoting the products of organization with conducting market research. Senior professionals in this category are also responsible for developing marketing plans and involved in execution of those.
- Sales Executive: These people are directly involved in increasing the outreach of company’s products by expanding the market share.
- Research and Development: R&D people are involved in researching and then developing programs that are essential for the organizations.
- Finance Professional: These are employed in banks and organizations of every nature for processing all financial matters from data entry to processing. Like other professions, the top finance professionals are also involved in planning and strategizing.
BBA is a specialized degree and has multi-faceted benefits, however, the results and success depends upon the individual. Often students ask of the scope of degree and even scope of specialization but we shall advise to all that degree or specialization should be opted on the basis of interest rather than scope. If one is interested in it, the scope is automatically increased otherwise huge scope can also be turned into nothing, if there is no interest. For any further information, please reach out to us.
Please select your education level:
Please select your degree level: